Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world's best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At Nike, it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
Always the innovators, Nike, Inc.’s Manufacturing and Engineering team dreams up new ways to make better-performing products faster and more efficiently. This world-class team challenges assumptions about how Nike’s products are made and leads the company in pursuing ambitious sustainability goals, all while producing Nike’s rich mix of product. Masters of teamwork, Manufacturing and Engineering works closely with design teams, categories, manufacturing partners, material suppliers and logistics providers across more than 40 countries on six continents. They navigate the complex geopolitical world with multiple supply chains and diverse ecosystems, while keeping their focus on manufacturing, materials, sustainability and creating quality products. Description
- As a GLAM Color Standards Developer, you will be part of the Global Apparel Materials Color Standard Development Team that is partnering with Color Design and Color Development to implement their seasonal color palette. You will use your color knowledge and collaboration skills to help implement design lead color palettes both corporately and specific to licensed product. You will help lead and implement the design and development of tools and processes to support color for Nike Apparel, Footwear and Equipment. You will facilitate and track early lab dips for seasonal colors to identify, mitigate and communicate challenges in color application for Nike Apparel. You will ensure on time delivery according to critical dates and gates both for our internal and external partners. In this role, you will have the opportunity to interact with business teams involved in design, product creation and product integrity.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Apparel/Textile design or a related field
- 2 additional years of experience in lieu of a degree; minimum 2 years’ relevant work experience
- Strong written and oral communication skills including meeting facilitation and presentations
- Ability to pass the Munsell Hue color test to determine visual color acuity
- Understanding of the application of color on materials
- Knowledge of apparel and material construction, including garment construction
- Knowledge of heather materials and techniques
- Knowledge of product creation process and the apparel business
- Strong organization and multi-tasking skills
- Strong information seeking-skills and a drive to make things happen
- Ability to clearly articulate goals and objectives
- Ability to work independently and cooperatively in a diverse group
- Ability to network and utilize internal and external resources
- Ability to understand the big picture related to Nike business processes and consumer needs
- Self-starter attitude and the ability to be a team player within a fast-paced team
- Proficiency with MS Excel and Adobe Illustrator
- Experience with InDesign or Photoshop is a plus
- 5-10% travel required
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
Job ID 00433944