The Store Manager is a leader and manager of the business, entrusted with the overall direct management of the store team to ensure our customers receive a premium experience. Join the adventure at Empire Outlets.
- Manage the day-to-day activities of the store to ensure its efficient, profitable, and customer-oriented sales operation.
- Develop and maintain operating budgets, and manage expense control within division guidelines to deliver positive results. Full profit and loss (P&L) responsibility.
- Ensure accuracy of opening and closing procedures, cashiering and returns, back-of-house operations, and all other functions related to store operations.
- Perform timely completion of all recordkeeping associated with applicants, new hires, payroll, performance appraisals, salary reviews, counselling, disciplinary actions and terminations.
- Ensure consistent implementation of operating standards including product flow planning and execution, markdowns and seasonal promotions, marketing and in-store initiatives, and visual presentation.
- Maintain appropriate lean inventories through managing turn and replenishment, minimizing shrink, and accurately tracking and forecasting merchandising needs.
- Communicate with Area/District Manager on a weekly basis, providing relevant market information and employee successes with regards to sales and customer service.
- Continually track performance and goal progress. Communicate regularly with the team to evaluate progress and accomplishments. Develop action plans where goals are not being met.
- Develop and implement motivational incentives for sales staff. Track employee results and modify goals accordingly.
- Hire, train, evaluate and coach staff as necessary to maintain a high level of service and quality.
- Develop bench strength and career paths within the store. Motivate and develop staff to help meet long range growth plans of the retail division.
- High school degree or equivalent. Bachelor's degree is preferred.
- 3-5 years of retail store management experience is required.
- Retail experience must include the use of advanced retail management practices: front end and back end operations, merchandising, sales leadership, team leadership, and people management.
- Skills in operating personal computers, POS systems, and various software packages including Microsoft Office.
- Ability to read, write, speak, and understand English.
- Basic math ability.
- Apparel experience strongly preferred.
- Job may require hours that often exceed 8 hours per day and/or 40 hours per week during peak periods.
- Physical requirements include the ability to use telephone, computerized cash register, perform repetitive movements of the arms and shoulders, stand for extended periods of time, move freely around store, bend, twist, reach, squat, climb a ladder occasionally, and regularly lift/carry up to 40 pounds.
- Available to work flexible store schedule – Sunday to Saturday.
This job description is not meant to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities, but constitutes a general definition of the position's scope and function in the company.
EEO/AA Employer/Vets/Disabled/Race/Ethnicity/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Age