Wholesale facing role that analyzes merchandise performance, forecasts future results and partners with adidas and account teams to drive sales and margin growth for both adidas and the wholesaler. Collaborate and coordinate planning activities with key stakeholders both internally and externally for responsible accounts towards achievement of financial goals.
- Create key account financial plans across categories that align account KPIs with brand shipment targets with collaborated input from sales, marketing/merchandising and finance teams. Provide Retail sales, Gross margin, Inventory and Turn forecasts against Plan and Last year for assigned Account. Participates in cross-functional alignment on targeting, forecasting, reporting, and analysis.
- Identifies Opportunities and Risks in the business in-season against plan and provides actionable recommendations to improve results
- Analyze and provide detail on account performance by style, climate, region and store. Develops business review to hindsight brand performance for responsible account(s) to include branded space and seasonal marketing initiatives.
- Prepare weekly, monthly and quarterly reports for Sales Management, Finance and Marketing to provide detailed overview of business performance by account.
- Ensure financial and non-financial managers are provided highly-accurate information and analysis to help support business decisions.
- Monitor ladder and replenishment forecasts / orders and provide guidance to improve accuracy and account sell-through.
- Contribute to the development of standardized best practice reporting and control methods.
- Build positive working relationships with key account employees within the wholesale account, such as Associate/Assistant Buyers and Planners.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
- Strong understanding of Retail Math understanding of retail math and interpreting sell through data to recommend changes that positively impacts the business.
- Experience understanding and developing consumer, retail and competitor trends.
- Ability to build, plan and flow product assortments based on current trends that can address both targeted objectives and account specific needs while maximizing sales, margin and inventory turn.
- Ability to think straegically, synthesize complex data and develop creative and innovative solutions within an entrepreneurial environment. Ability to provide in-season course correction recommendations that will further account and adidas performances.
- Ability to think cross functionally and develop solutions in a fast paced environment
- Strong prioritization skills and the ability to be detail oriented and accomplish assignments simultaneously under tight timelines
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, stakeholders, cross functional business leaders, sales representatives, peers, clients, and customers.
- Four year degree in Business, Finance or Accounting
- Minimum four years’ experience in retail planning/buying or related field
- Industry specific experience preferred