Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world's best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At Nike, it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
The first spark of a product idea sets the Nike, Inc. Footwear Product Creation team into motion. The team of footwear developers, testers, engineers and designers strive for product excellence. They obsess over shoes, while collaborating, ideating and refining the product’s construction, fit and style. They use groundbreaking advancements in technology and sustainable design to accelerate innovation. And they work lockstep with Merchandising, Design, Manufacturing and others to produce the final result: products that reflect the soul of sport and inspire athletes to reach new levels of performance. Description
The Digital Product Creation Capabilities team will vision, plan & deliver a roadmap of Digital Product Capabilities to the Footwear business to transform the way we create product. The team will work closely with Business stakeholders, NXT, Tech, DPC Studio & DPC Portfolio teams to modernize the way we work, unlocking team and product excellence and speed at scale.
We are hiring a Product Manager to own the roadmap and lead the delivery of 3D tools to support our Color, Material and Graphic Design organization. This includes the product management and evolution of the current CMG tool. This product manager will contribute to the strategy, roadmap, and feature definition of the overarching color & material portfolio, in support of our mission – unlocking team and product excellence and speed at scale. The successful candidate must be able to find the intersection of consumer needs, technical feasibility, and business objectives, and then lead a cross-functional team to deliver against the opportunity. You will work closely with business stakeholders, Nike Technology, and external partners and vendors to lead the program and vision for new system capabilities to ultimately enhance accuracy, business success, and system functionality. This role will focus on Color, material, and Graphics 3D capability solutions to start, but will ultimately expand in scope as DPC advances its mission.
- Develop a vision for a new product or multiple features aligned to a product including how it will perform, how performance will be measured & how it will continue to evolve
- Develop a product roadmap clearly tied to business strategy, and clearly communicate trade-off decisions
- Assess the business impact of different solutions, including trade-offs between business/customer needs, technology requirements & costs
- Ability to align many teams around a common goal
- Liaison between the business and technology team to cultivate the overall business and systems analysis on various projects
- Lead structured meetings, clearly communicate expectations, plan requirements for the product, & ensure that stakeholders are kept up to date on progress
- Maintain a deep understanding of the customers for their product & apply this knowledge in developing proposals & executing changes; maintain a deep understanding of the product itself
- Champion x-functional collaboration & alignment
- Familiar with agile software development
- Must be able to work independently, solve problems, make decisions, and communicate effectively in difficult situations
- Bachelor’s Degree and a minimum of 5 years work experience, or 2 additional years of experience in lieu of a degree
- Experience implementing, rolling-out, or working with large scale information systems (PLM, ERP, etc)
- Collaborate effectively with UX and design teams, in addition to technology / engineering teams
- Experience in the footwear product creation process (design, development, costing, manufacturing, etc)
- Experience using Design Thinking methodology to facilitate conversations, meetings, and trade-off discussions preferred
- Passion for quality work with an understanding of how to prioritize and make trade-offs, and communicate that rationale to teams and leadership alike
- Knowledge of emerging technologies, particularly in 3D, rendering, animation, AR/VR preferred
- Experience working with creative agencies & design teams to bring a vision to life preferred
- Experience working with Transition or Change Management and internal communications teams preferred
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
Job ID 00430349