Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world's best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At Nike, it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
Nike, Inc. Technology is responsible for making the world’s largest sport brand run faster, smarter and more securely. From infrastructure to security and supply chain operations, Technology specialists drive growth through top-flight hardware, software and enterprise applications. Global Technology aggressively innovates solutions to drive growth while creating and implementing tools that help make everything else in the company possible. Description
The analytics and data products we create to empower our end users can take many forms, from a standard tableau report to a statistical forecasting platform to an exception-based notification delivered through a smartphone app. We develop stable, scalable, ground-breaking analytics and data products of elegant simplicity to support the growth and unlock the full potential of our connected products program. We strive to make sure the “what” never gets in the way of the pursuit of the “why,” and to free curiosity and intuition to roam, backed by the foundation of data and science.
This position will lead a team that works cross functionally with the program stakeholders across functions (Supply Chain Procurement, Global Manufacturing & Nike Direct ) end users, business intelligence and analytics teams as well as engineering, and architecture teams to gather and thoughtfully document feature requirements, and use cases for connected products data and analytics. An effective leader will be able to view the challenges through the eyes of the business and communicate at all levels across the product lifecycle to then cultivate effective integration of data into program.
This position will spread across different areas of functional focus, and will direct and affect the priorities of a number of different cross-functional development squads, in close partnership with Data Engineering and information management teams. Keys to results include exceptional product ownership skills in an agile environment, previous experience managing data product delivery squads operating in AWS, deep background in managing global enterprise report development, and an excellent understanding & curiosity of how consumer & business value is created at a company like Nike.
This position requires a positive, enthusiastic team player with meaningful hands on experience, work ethic and curiosity. While you (understandably) rely on data to prove your point, you love to think outside the box and solve problems creatively. Your experience helps you prioritize and overcome blockers and guide the work of others on your team. You thrive in an entrepreneurial environment, and you are excited by the challenge of building something from the ground up. You ask questions, are continually learning as well as finding opportunities to share knowledge with others. Your teams’ success is your success, and you actively seek out opportunities to be a good partner across the organization.
- Lead the team that will write, cultivate, and prioritize thoughtful and detailed functional specifications for data ingestion, data cleansing, data quality, analytic processing, BI, and data science use cases then strengthen them via an Agile development methodology for our connected products initiative
- Be the subject matter authority for Nike connected products data collection, standardization & metrics
- Strengthen the connected products enterprise analytics reporting roadmap & delivery
- Deeply understand how to enable data scientists and data analysts across a number of analytics functions at Nike via the optimal data structures for efficiency of analysis
- Establish deep partnerships with critical cross-functional enablers including data enablement engineering, analytics platform engineering and company data governance
- Partner with connected products teams to impact and document future data ingestion requirements against established Nike use-cases.
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, MIS, analytics, other quantitative disciplines, or related fields; advanced degree is preferred
- 6+ years of relevant leadership experiences in data & analytics product creation and adoption
- A strong history of building and leading cross functional data product delivery teams
- Excellent communications skills (written and verbal) and strong interpersonal skills
- Understanding of data architecture, data taxonomy, and both structured and unstructured data
- Experience with agile development methodologies
- Familiarity working within AWS and relevant toolsets
- Experience with IOT in supply chain, manufacturing or logistics
- Experience with real-time data collection and processing
- Experience with RFID, QR and NFC technologies and business value creation
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
Job ID 00432175