SOREL is currently looking for a talented Sr. Designer to help develop industry leading creative solutions along with generating a clear and ground-breaking brand image from sell-in to sell-thru. The Senior Designer is a key piece of the long-term SOREL brand and creative growth strategy. Reporting to the Global Creative Lead, this position will help strategize, concept, manage, art direct and design a multitude of creative executions supporting overall brand development and awareness. The Sr. Designer will also play a pivotal role in the development of multi-channel advertising creative harnessing strong external and internal business relationships.
- Help drive and execute the creative for multiple concepts and categories across multiple consumer touchpoints, from 2D to 3D to digital.
- Develop concepts and strategies that fulfill and align with overall brand objectives, concept and briefs.
- Collaborate with cross-functional team members to ensure consumer and brand frequency.
- Communicate and present design concepts for client approval to internal and external stakeholders.
- Ensure all creatives is aligned and communicates a consistent brand essence globally.
- Craft and design world class creative through seasonal style guides, print and digital advertising communications, key account support, ecommerce digital-design, retail executions and all other brand enhancing creative that reinforces and evolves overall business image.
- Collaborate with project managers to ensure projects are on budget and on schedule
- Continually exploring and integrating emerging visual communication technology
- BA / BS / BFA in design, advertising, fine are or another relevant field
- 8+ years of work experience in an agency, in-house studio or fashion brand setting
- Passion and experience in the fashion industry is required
- Solid education and advanced experience in the creative development of communication tools
- Experience working on multi-channel, primarily digital, advertising campaign creative
- Ability to art direct, lead and manage high level creative photoshoots from start to finish
- Proven experience with the entire design process (project scope and time planning, design steps, concept sell-in presentations, production/execution of design solutions, pre-press processes and delivery of final product to the greater brand team and partners)
- Expert knowledge in creating informative and compelling style guides and visual centers
- Help lead brainstorming / creative sessions to generate ideas
- Strong copywriting and editing skills with the ability to develop headlines and short copy consistent with our brand voice and concepts
- Familiarity with digital asset and management software
- Exemplary interpersonal and analytical abilities
- Expert knowledge in the Adobe CS with a heavy focus in In-Design and Photoshop
- Must be self-motivated, proactive, detail/solution oriented and a positive team player in a fast-paced environment
- Relentless desire and expectation to innovate and execute world class design
- Strong overall business acumen relating to marketing, wholesale and direct to consumer
- Portfolio demonstrating a strong range of skills including unified campaigns that include photography art direction, digital and print layout design
This job description is not meant to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities, but constitutes a general definition of the position's scope and function in the company.
EEO/AA Employer/Vets/Disabled/Race/Ethnicity/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Age