Under Armour is all about performance. Because what we make empowers athletes in every form to push themselves, to turn good into great, and to stay hungry for whatever comes next. And this is exactly what we expect from each other.
Working with us means one key thing: no matter what you do, you see every day and every project as a chance to push your field forward. In every store and every office, we build teams where everyone is an MVP. And together we tackle every challenge head on. Because we work to push the gear, the game, and ourselves farther.
We’re looking for people who do more than good work.
We’re looking for the Best in Every Game.
Job Title: Professional, HRBP Retail Stores
Reports To: Lead, HRBP
Perform entry-level Human Resources duties and may carry out responsibilities in some or all of the following functional areas: employee relations, training, employment, labor relations, affirmative action, recruitment, compensation and talent management.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Partner with Sr. HRBP Leader and HRBPs to communicate and administer various Human Resources policies, procedures, and processes in accordance with laws, standards and government regulations.
- Provide project management and analytical support to the HRBP team for core HR processes (compensation, performance management, talent management, and ad hoc reporting and research, etc.)
- Provide managers and teammates with guidance on business line-specific processes, policies and programs.
- Partner with managers to complete job descriptions and specifications. May assist in benchmarking in partnership with Compensation team.
- Use judgment and knowledge of HR organization, policies, process and systems to handle issues independently or redirect client to other HR functions, as appropriate. Is seen as a go-to resource for the team.
- Assists with on-boarding of new teammates in partnership with Recruiter, On-boarding team, and Hiring Manager (process, questions, and overall preparation).
- Schedule / conduct exit interviews and analyze data and make recommendations for continuous improvement and corrective measures.
- Create and submit and ensures completion Personnel Change Notices and Personnel Requisitions for managers, in partnership with HRBPs and HR Operations. Assist with HRA clean-up, as needed.
- Gather documentation for terminations and resignations and ensure that all documentation is returned to the appropriate specialist for timely processing.
- Provide coaching and career development support, as appropriate, in partnership with HRBP.
- Attend business unit staff meetings, as appropriate.
- Provide administrative support, as needed to HR Director and HRBPs. (including creating and maintaining organizational charts, some scheduling, coordination, and preparation for key meetings).
- Basic knowledge of Human Resources policies, procedures, and processes in accordance with laws, standards and government regulations.
- Previous experience and a working knowledge of core HR processes (compensation, performance management, talent management).
- Proven ability to build strong interpersonal relationships. Ability to build trust and secure the confidence of others. Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control.
- Strong written and oral communication skills. Prior experience clearly expressing complex ideas, strong presentation skills, and creating job descriptions.
- Strong organizational skills, and ability to effectively disseminate information in a clear and concise manner.
- Ability to pay attention to detail and to multi-task; prioritize multiple projects simultaneously while producing quality work and meeting deadlines.
- Provides exceptional customer service. Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs.
- Proficient in Database software, Human Resource systems, Internet software and Word Processing software.
*** Requires fluency in English.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; and one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- PHR or SPHR certificate preferred
At Under Armour, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Under Armour believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as a global company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.