Under Armour is all about performance. Because what we make empowers athletes in every form to push themselves, to turn good into great, and to stay hungry for whatever comes next. And this is exactly what we expect from each other.
Working with us means one key thing: no matter what you do, you see every day and every project as a chance to push your field forward. In every store and every office, we build teams where everyone is an MVP. And together we tackle every challenge head on. Because we work to push the gear, the game, and ourselves farther.
We’re looking for people who do more than good work.
We’re looking for the Best in Every Game.
Under Armour is the chosen brand of this generation of athletes... and the athletes of tomorrow. We're about performance - in training and on game day, in blistering heat and bitter cold. Whatever the conditions, whatever the sport, Under Armour delivers the advantage athletes have come to demand.
That demand has created an environment of growth. An environment where building a great team is vital. An environment where doing whatever it takes is the baseline and going above and beyond to protect the Brand is commonplace.
The world's hungriest athletes live by a code, a pledge to themselves and everyone else: Protect This House... I Will. Our goal is to Build A Great Team! Will YOU…Protect This House?!
The Director, Category Brand Marketing – Global RunWomen’s, is responsible for all marketing related activity within the Under Armour Run category, worldwide. The ideal teammate is passionate and highly connected within the endemic community. This leader will be responsible for crafting the overall Running category marketing strategy and for creation of the go-to-market strategies, category positioning and consumer activation plans. It is essential that the Category Marketing Director utilize consumer insights as the foundation in order to deliver consumer-focused category launches… The role requires a leader who is highly skilled working in complex, multi-dimensional, and collaborative environments.
What will you do?
- Be the voice of the consumer; be a thought leader in communications across all channels which a specific emphasis on mobile & digital marketing
- Lead category launches that build authenticity & credibility in the Global Run category, drive consumer engagement & achieve / exceed sales goals, globally
- Author all brief (product, sports marketing, creative) to initiate and develop category-level support elements
- Partner with cross-functional marketing expertise groups related to the category, rallying, connecting and coordinating launches across key marketing partners
- Provide input on sports marketing briefs and activation for brand assets
- Strategically aligns with regional marketing leadership to ensure campaigns are regionally relevant.
- Works within the category budget and reports effectiveness of marketing initiatives based on established key performance indicators (KPIs)
- Builds close team relationships with category teammates across product, merchandising, sales, etc, and ensures relevant insights are shared and leveraged among key stakeholders
- Collaborates with Consumer Insights team on collection of consumer trends, competitive insights, industry updates and sales reports
- Obsess the digital consumer journey across all digital touchpoints securing alignment across all teams
- Responsible for category specific marketing budgets
What do you need?
- GET IT DONE – ACCOUNTABILITY Holds others accountable for getting things done, lending support when needed. Generates motivation and drive to hit departmental goals by emphasizing responsibility and communicating expectations. Takes ownership of departmental results by tracking team contributions.
- FIND A BETTER WAY – CREATIVITY & INNOVATION Examines potential ideas and evaluates them against UA goals. Realizes and accepts that failure is a necessary part of innovation. Talks with others to gain new insight and see opportunities from a different perspective. Advocates for and pursues new ideas.
- WIN TOGETHER – COLLABORATION Builds consensus with Teammates across the business unit and gives clear direction during cross-functional collaboration. Motivates Teammates to build trusting, cross-functional relationships.
- THINK GLOBALLY – GLOBAL PERSPECTIVE Seeks and applies understanding of cultural differences and demonstrates comprehensive knowledge of global trends (social, political, and economic), adapting products and services to impact the business unit’s goals globally.
- MAPTHE FUTURE – STRATEGIC VISIONING Translates business unit vision and goals into clear, specific and achievable objectives, making the vision tangible for individual teams. Considers future scenarios, opportunities and risks to create action plans that align with business unit goals and UA's overall strategic vision.
- BUILD A GREAT TEAM – BUILDING TALENT Proactively develops self and others by setting stretch goals and providing challenging assignments. Serves as a trusted coach or mentor that guides Teammates through development opportunities, and gives feedback to ensure they are equipped to do the work independently. Creates a team identity and shared purpose to drive toward team goals. Develops and supports talent planning strategies to align with cross-functional needs.
- MAKE THE RIGHT CALL – INTEGRITY AND ETHICS Acts in alignment with UA values and principles, encouraging other Teammates to do the same.
What have you accomplished already?
- BA required, MBA is preferred but not mandatory
- Minimum of 8-10 years of relevant marketing experience in a fast-paced, product-oriented, consumer-driven company and previous leadership experience
- Established relationships at all levels, inclusive of the executive level, in the global marketing industry
- Prior experience working for a global company with a strong, premium brand and a distinct culture
- Experience working for either a start-up or high-growth organization is a plus
- Proven leadership skills in managing a strong, experienced and diverse team
- Experience conducting business and partnering with executives and staff in multiple regions globally, a plus
- Proven global citizen through travel and diversity of experiences
What else is important for you to know?
- Travel required, domestic and international, including some holidays and weekends
At Under Armour, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Under Armour believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as a global company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.