Under Armour is all about performance. Because what we make empowers athletes in every form to push themselves, to turn good into great, and to stay hungry for whatever comes next. And this is exactly what we expect from each other.
Working with us means one key thing: no matter what you do, you see every day and every project as a chance to push your field forward. In every store and every office, we build teams where everyone is an MVP. And together we tackle every challenge head on. Because we work to push the gear, the game, and ourselves farther.
We’re looking for people who do more than good work.
We’re looking for the Best in Every Game.
Under Armour is the chosen brand of this generation of athletes... and the athletes of tomorrow. We're about performance - in training and on game day, in blistering heat and bitter cold. Whatever the conditions, whatever the sport, Under Armour delivers the advantage athletes have come to demand.
That demand has created an environment of growth. An environment where building a great team is vital. An environment where doing whatever it takes is the baseline and going above and beyond to protect the Brand is commonplace.
The world's hungriest athletes live by a code, a pledge to themselves and everyone else: Protect This House... I Will. Our goal is to Build A Great Team! Will YOU…Protect This House?!
The Sr. Manager, North America Wholesale Marketing is responsible for marketing strategy and oversight of execution for all marketing related activity within wholesale accounts in the Sport Inspired/Specialty channel in North America. The teammate in this role will lead a team in crafting channel and account specific go-to-market strategies, positioning and activation plans in partnership with the regional category marketing team. It is essential that the Sr. Manager, North America Wholesale Marketing – Sport Inspired/Specialty focus on driving retail sales and Brand consideration and affinity by delivering consumer-focused marketing activations, tailored to the channel and by account. This teammate will ensure Under Armour products are powerfully positioned in North America wholesale accounts within the Sport Inspired/Specialty channel, to connect with customers and drive sales.
What will you do?
Lead a team to:
- Plan and execute marketing activations with Sport Inspired/Specialty accounts that connect to regional category & Global strategy and drive North America sales
- Directly oversee Sport Specialty (Mall) accounts, prioritizing top partners
- Work with regional cross functional partners (category marketers, merchandising, visual, etc.) to prioritize account positioning and storytelling within North America, with a focus on Brand building and foundational commercial stories
- Author briefs (account specific master briefs) to initiate and develop channel and account-level activations for the North America region, building on regional & Global category briefs where relevant
- Partner with North America marketing channel teams to consult on seasonal tactical briefs and acts as a stakeholder throughout seasonal execution
- Drive and deliver go-to-market timelines for relevant wholesale account campaigns
- Coordinate with the regional category team to ensure Sport Inspired/Specialty wholesale account activations are regionally relevant, integrating account positioning and prioritization into planning
- Ensure briefs and feedback provided to regional category team aid in the development of campaign elements that can be successfully leveraged by the wholesale account team
- Build budget recommendations for Sport Inspired/Specialty wholesale account activation and act as stakeholder in execution with marketing channel teams
- Partner with and supports North America Marketing Leadership
- Build close partnerships with all cross functional teams related to the Sport Performance wholesale accounts and ensures relevant insights are cascaded to key stakeholders
- Assist North America Marketing Ops to measure effectiveness of marketing tactics
- Other duties may be assigned
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Consumer Orientation - Able to think consumer-first and drive relevant strategies that drive preference and loyalty for UA
- Analytical - Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Uses intuition and experience to complement data
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations
- Team building and leadership – Able to influence others, drive consistent execution, effectively address challenges and lead a team of peers to solutions
- Business Acumen – Agile decision-making, entrepreneurial nature, ability to formulate a strong POV and adjust plans strategically in a changing environment.
- High Initiative- Able to create and drive plans independently. High level of curiosity and inventive thinking to differentiate our Brand.
What do you need?
- GET IT DONE, DONE, DONE – ACCOUNTABILITY Takes responsibility for achieving team requirements, tasks, and objectives, even if other resources are required. Goes the extra mile to get the work done and meet commitments made to others.
- FIND A BETTER WAY – CREATIVITY & INNOVATION Seeks to improve upon the status quo by proactively creating new, unique solutions to make UA better. Asks challenging, open-ended questions to inspire innovative thinking in other Teammates.
- WIN TOGETHER – COLLABORATION Demonstrates reliability, working openly with cross-functional Teammates. Takes the lead, whether in an individual contributor or manager role. Builds working relationships with others, seeking out and encouraging the exchange of constructive feedback.
- THINK GLOBALLY – GLOBAL PERSPECTIVE Seeks and applies understanding of cultural differences when conducting business and interacting with others globally. Adapts behavior to the local culture to demonstrate respect and gain trust.
- MAP THE FUTURE – STRATEGIC VISIONING Applies understanding of internal and external challenges to contribute to the team's vision for the future. Asks questions to confirm how team priorities support UA's overall vision.
- BUILD A GREAT TEAM – BUILDING TALENT Seeks opportunities to develop self and other Teammates. Gives timely, specific feedback on performance, tasks, goals, and developmental needs. Motivates Teammates by sharing team objectives that highlight opportunities and the impact of their work. Identifies and selects talent to meet business needs.
- MAKE THE RIGHT CALL – INTEGRITY & ETHICS Acts in alignment with UA values and principles, encouraging other Teammates to do the same.
What have you accomplished already?
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant marketing experience in a fast-paced, product-oriented, consumer-driven company
- Build marketing strategies tied to a business plans (long and short-term)
- Strong Product Marketing
- Consumer and Business Analytics
- Consumer Segmentation and Targeting
- Strategic and Creative Process Briefing
- Budgeting, ROI Quantification
- Internal client partnership-building with product teams
- Be globally curious in nature
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, to include: creative briefs, presentations (Power Point, Keynote, and verbal), great storytelling
- Previous experience at Sports Company or retail environment is a plus
- Microsoft Office (Outlook, PowerPoint & Excel)
At Under Armour, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Under Armour believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as a global company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.