Under Armour is all about performance. Because what we make empowers athletes in every form to push themselves, to turn good into great, and to stay hungry for whatever comes next. And this is exactly what we expect from each other.
Working with us means one key thing: no matter what you do, you see every day and every project as a chance to push your field forward. In every store and every office, we build teams where everyone is an MVP. And together we tackle every challenge head on. Because we work to push the gear, the game, and ourselves farther.
We’re looking for people who do more than good work.
We’re looking for the Best in Every Game.
Under Armour is the chosen brand of this generation of athletes... and the athletes of tomorrow. We're about performance - in training and on game day, in blistering heat and bitter cold. Whatever the conditions, whatever the sport, Under Armour delivers the advantage athletes have come to demand.
That demand has created an environment of growth. An environment where building a great team is vital. An environment where doing whatever it takes is the baseline and going above and beyond to protect the Brand is commonplace.
The world's hungriest athletes live by a code, a pledge to themselves and everyone else: Protect This House... I Will. Our goal is to Build A Great Team! Will YOU…Protect This House?!
Under Armour’s vision is to be the #1 performance athletic company in the world. To help achieve this goal, the executive team is committed to building a world-class Finance and Accounting team whose focus is to develop core competencies and sustainable competitive advantages in the areas of strategic planning, financial planning and analysis, executive-level decision support, and strategy execution on the financial planning and analysis side, whilst ensuring robust and world class accounting operations and compliance in Europe.
The Accounts Payable Specialist, Europe will be responsible for the timely and accurate processing of vendor invoices relating to our 5 European legal entities, including correct account coding and ensuring that invoices are approved in line with the company’s authority matrix.
Reporting directly to the Accounts Payable manager, Europe, this position is based at our European Headquarters in Amsterdam.
- Posting daily bank statements for several Under Armour’s entities of which one is posted automatically to a clearing account.
- Reconciling bank accounts on a daily basis.
- Month end reconciliation and upload of GL balance specifications into Blackline.
- Maintaining a clean position of the clearing account for entities within responsibilities.
- Posting of customer refunds in the financial system.
- Clean position of the aging lists (requesting invoices from suppliers or liaise with the account payable processing team to determine of invoices have been received.
- Creation of weekly payment proposals to be executed by our Baltimore team.
- Making ad hoc payments.
- Maintaining a clean aging list.
- Supplier statements and inquiries.
- Sending out Purchase Orders on a daily basis to our suppliers.
- Assist the Accounts Payable manager in developing and implementing robust internal accounting controls.
- Support on ad hoc issues and improvement projects where required.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- 2+ years Accounts Payable experience; or equivalent combination of education and related experience.
- Must possess exceptional communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task in a very fast paced environment.
- Ability to work in a team as well as independently.
- Must possess strong organizational skills supported by defined processes.
- Team player.
- Ability to work in a very structured way.
- Fluent in English, Dutch strongly preferred, German is a pre.
- SAP experience preferred.
- Arriba experience preferred.
- Ability to identify and resolve business problems within a team setting.
- Ability to understand and document business processes and related internal controls.
Under Armour is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we are committed to diversity in the workplace. We encourage qualified diverse candidates to apply. Under Armour does not discriminate against any candidate on the basis of race, gender, disability, religion, national origin, age, or any other protected category.