Under Armour is all about performance. Because what we make empowers athletes in every form to push themselves, to turn good into great, and to stay hungry for whatever comes next. And this is exactly what we expect from each other.
Working with us means one key thing: no matter what you do, you see every day and every project as a chance to push your field forward. In every store and every office, we build teams where everyone is an MVP. And together we tackle every challenge head on. Because we work to push the gear, the game, and ourselves farther.
We’re looking for people who do more than good work.
We’re looking for the Best in Every Game.
Job Title: Manager, District
Reports To: Sr Manager, DTC Operations
Under Armour is looking for a qualified, driven District Mgr This is an opportunity to be part of the biggest, baddest brand on the planet as Under Armour continues to impact the business like no other company has. The primary responsibilities of the District Mgr will play a key role on the Field Leadership Team and can make an instant impact to the business. The District Manager will have district ownership and revenue responsibility.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Motivate team through clear direction and vision to encompass Under Armour’s Core Competencies
- Build partnerships with upward management and key business partners
- Act as a leader amongst peers in the field and Corporate Office
- Lead consistent store visit assessments and provide proactive and valuable feedback
- Communicate clear expectations and hold the store teams accountable to achieving all brand, performance and behavior standards
- Conduct productive conference calls & team meetings
- Proactively seek personal learning and development opportunities
- Provide in collaboration with HR when required, coaching and guidance to District managers/ store managers to to develop and execute commercial business plans incl. KPI performance goals, staff productivity, commercial calendar, training calendar, staff incentives, compensation and incremental product opportunities
- Proactively manages and reviews the performance and progress of Store Managers, sets objectives and targets; works with Regional Manager to develop country commercial sales opportunities
- Regularly produces and presents a range of financial/non-financial reports for the DTC Lead
- Identify needs, plan and arrange product & Customer service knowledge training.
- Conduct mid-year and year-end performance reviews for direct reports
- Identify and ensure implementation of training needs for subordinates
- Financial Planning and KPI’s
- Review and consult with DTC Lead on the store Financial and Business plans which should include; revenues SG&A, Margins, Wages etc.
- Analyze KPI's formally on a weekly basis be the driver for UA to ensure targets are achieved. Assist in the development of recovery plans and maximize sales opportunities based on analysis.
- Recruit, hire, develop and retain top management talent for the district
- Develop effective succession plans that lead to internal promotions and store openings
- Train store management and focus on talent development
- Recommend and approve all salaries and wages changes in conjunction with conducting and approving performance appraisals for store management
- Recognize performance issues and partner with DTC Ops Manager and Human Resources in a timely manner
DRIVE FOR RESULTS
- Drive UA brand loyalty through sales leadership, coaching and connecting with the athlete experience
- Establish and lead the execution of district business strategies to drive store Key Performance Indicators (KPI) results that maximize performance and achievement of sales plan and goals
- Control all aspects of the annual budget process, to include sales, controllable expenses, payroll and annual shrink results
- Communicate business needs for the district and company that play an active role in driving results
- Plan and execute effective, productive store visits reviewing KPI performance, Personnel, Visual Merchandising, Operations and key-business initiatives
- Hold Store Managers accountable for execution of all operational responsibilities and teach a high standard for compliance
Retail Operations excellence
- Works closely with the Regional retail team to implement at country level several programs which includes but is not limited to promotional events, training on customer service and revenue generation opportunities
- Monitor deployment and performance of policies and procedures
- Support the stores to ensure reporting accuracy through ongoing training and follow up on P&P execution.
- Partner with LATAM Store Operations when implementing new store operational policies and procedures.
- Ensure consistent implementation of the LATAM Operations manual across the region update, evaluate and customize for each country.
- Contribute to Develop and roll out the LATAM Retail Operations strategy and drive to the development of the LATAM Retail strategy
- To ensure speed and service to the stores is a cultural priority and a reality
- Align and implement Global and Regional store operations policies across Chile stores
- Responsible for stores training implementation for the region in collaboration with Regional team
- For New Store openings
- Contribute to the successful opening of each new Retail Store
- Prioritize workload to make certain implementation plans are met
- Ensure that all visual directives are executed seamlessly and within scheduled time frame and allotted payroll budget
- Maintain extensive knowledge of product assortment and key items
- Communicate current trends and competitor strategies in the market
- Ensure stores are properly assorted in partnership with Merchandising Planning and the Allocation team
- Analyze, identify and capitalize upon opportunities for increasing revenue and profitability
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Get it Done, Done, Done - Accountability
- Proactively develops self and others by setting stretch goals and providing challenging assignments.
- Serves as a trusted coach or mentor that guides Teammates through development opportunities, and gives feedback to ensure they are equipped to do the work independently.
- Creates a team identity and shared purpose to drive toward team goals.
- Develops and supports talent planning strategies to align with cross-functional needs.
Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Experience in apparel and/or footwear industry highly preferred.
- Retail operations knowledge, including inventory control, loss prevention, retail systems, merchandising, and customer service.
- Store Operations management experience with a large retail/franchise company will be an addeded advantage
- Sound knowledge of retail operations and mathematics, budget management, inventory and systems control, mechardising, retail buying & sales, and knowledge in real estate and evaluating retail sites.
- Highly developed organization skills and high profile communication skills
- Process and delivery orientation with high sound business analysis and quantitative skills
- Multinational reporting and willingness to travel locally
- Being a visionary and strategic thinker incumbent will have ability to create, lead and inspire high-performance teams towards common goals through leading by example.
- Strong interpersonal and influencing skills. Has cultural sensitivity to Regional/country unique business environment and the consensus-building & decision-making processes.
- Commercial awareness partnered with a strategic mindset
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal abilities
- Previous exp as DM
- Proficient in English
Education and/or Experience
- Previous exp as DM and or Retail Ops Manager
- College degree in business or related field.
- 2-3 years or more of retail experience in a high volume retail stores
- Experience in apparel and/or footwear industry highly preferred.