Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world's best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At Nike, it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
The Nike, Inc. Supply Chain team is the engine that propels product around the world. Supply Chain experts ensure that every year, almost a billion units of footwear, apparel and equipment arrive at the right place, at the right time. To ensure this complex job goes off without a hitch, Supply Chain teams work with a network of more than 50 distribution centers, thousands of accountants, and more than 100,000 retail stores worldwide — making the impossible happen every single day. Description
North America Global Express Lane Project Managers work in a productive environment with Geography and Global teams to implement the strategy of the Express Lane Fulfill offense. They think critically to bring innovative solutions to design and development of Express Lane pilots and focus on scaling of capabilities.
As our Program Manager for North America Express Lane Operations, you will play a central role in helping the Nike deliver on a key pillar of the Triple Double: 2X Speed. We are driving an end-to-end revolution - from design through manufacturing - to create a supply chain that is meaningfully shorter than our current process. You'll partner and autonomously lead cross-functional global and geography teams to define new capabilities and start up new operations to execute against the Express Lane strategy.
Doing all this requires a unique team member. You must be a self-starter, flexible thinker and outstanding communicator, as well as comfortable working cross-functionally and influencing different personalities and perspectives. You will need those skills as you work not only across multiple functions but also across multiple geographies, living within Nike’s matrixed organization. Results will depend on your ability to quickly form both professional and personal relationships with colleagues and facilitate to rigorous, well-communicated deliverables.
- Own organization and project management of pilot preparation, operations/implementation, measurement, learnings capture, and reload using Agile techniques (backlog, 2-week sprints, burn down tracking, daily scrum/stand ups, sprint retros, etc.)
- Lead small “Tiger” teams of cross-functional experienced professionals across Ops and Commercial teams to develop end-to-end solutions (weaving together people, process and technology across the value chain). Solutions will be used in activations to test and iterate business hypotheses/assumptions and identify and refine new capabilities/levels of maturity required to scale.
- Partner with geo leadership and key global stakeholders to co-create responsive business model growth strategies in service of the North America business
- Own/collaborate with Tech/digitization team on POC tech “products” ie new applications/functionalities in existing systems that will enable real-world end to end pilots. Tech POCs are lightweight MVP applications or easily configured new applications of existing systems that can enable end to end testing of business and commercial assumptions, process flows, etc.
- Guide startup business operations through seed to early scale and lead effective mainstreaming transition to partners in SEC/functional process leads
- Facilitate research to inform strategic vision and business model and capability innovation including internal Nike research, as well as external market, competitor, partner and technology.
- Lead / instruct elite EL footwear/apparel team to enable influence multiplication and to train the future of Nike business and value chain innovators / intrapreneurs who embody the original maxims and spirit of Nike’s founder
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Minimum of 5 years total experience in start-up environment, management consulting, short lead time supply chain operations or related fields
- One of the following alternatives may be accepted: PhD or Law + 3 yrs; Masters + 4 yrs;
- MBA or MSc in Industrial Engineering, Supply Chain Management, Operations, Logistics, or similar focus from a top-rated university preferred
- Proven ability to shape and drive strategy execution, quickly transforming the strategic vision into implemented MVP capabilities
- Ability to communicate complex concepts simply, verbally and in writing. Ability to create high quality project reports and simple, succinct, visually compelling PowerPoint presentations
- Proven ability to lead cross-functional teams, provide project management expertise, and to manage multiple projects at once
- Problem structuring and strategic problem-solving skills
- Self-directed and comfortable working in ambiguous environments
- Superior interpersonal skills
- Prior experience in innovation and Nike supply chain operations a strong plus
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
Job ID 00436068