Leads and directs product or category(ies) creative groups providing concept, direction, vision, continuity, and critical evaluation of projects effecting Nike's product excellence, category direction, and business strategies on a global basis.
Determines, innovates, and evolves creative design philosophy and strategies consistent with Nike design ethos. Shares outcomes and provides motivation and inspiration to design staff and matrix partners.
Oversees and reviews project/product design, vision, goals, and mission of Design groups, relating that direction to Nike's business strategy.
Responsible for creative and design integrity as well as ensuring continuity. Coordinate and link creative and design groups to ensure a cohesive unit that delivers a consistent design message.
Build, direct, lead, and develop a creative and responsive design management team. Create an atmosphere that fosters innovative thinking, collaboration, and teamwork.
Develop and maintain an understanding of divisional business goals and values and works collaboratively with business and marketing partners to enhance design and group effeciveness. Participate and influence content of business plans and budget.
Communicate Nike's design philosophy to the public and strengthen ties with outside design community through presentations and speeches.
- Minimum of 10 years progressively technically sophisticated experience in product design roles, including at least 5 years progressively responsible leadership roles.
- Strong financial skills and knowledge including ability to optimize resources to create profitability.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills in local market language, including meeting facilitation and presentations. Strong ability to effectively communicate complex and/or controversial topics and concepts to a wide and diverse audience.
- Ability to effectively elevate strategic concerns to snior management in a timely and accurate manner. Strong ability to develop high-profile, influential, and collaborative relationships across teams, functions, and geographies.
- Sound judgment and ability to contribute meaningfully to the determination of policy and strategy.
- Ability to motivate others, deal with ambiguity, and effectively collaborate in decision-making.