Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world's best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At Nike, it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
Government & Public Affairs Description
We are transforming manufacturing with world-class standards that ensure our products are made responsibly and sustainably. We value the people that work in our supply chain. We respect the environment and using cutting-edge technologies to create better, more personalized products for our customers.
This role will lead the development of our labor, health and safety strategy with our contract manufacturing partners in support of Sustainable Manufacturing & Sourcing’s vision to support Nike’s growth by fueling a responsible and resilient source base.
In collaboration with senior leaders across Nike, including Global Sourcing and Manufacturing and Global Sustainability, you will represent the company internally and externally, and guide the strategy for Nike’s approach to labor, health and safety in the supply chain. Leadership, business acumen and influencing skills are key to the role. Deep subject matter expertise in labor, health and safety in footwear and apparel supply chains and business experience related to contract manufacturing is critical to your success in this role.
You are committed to a vision of system change for the industry. You work to listen to people and find ways to build consensus and collaboration. You are a skilled communicator with exceptional political acumen. You have exceptional people agility and develop excellent relationships with peers across all levels. You remain calm in complex negotiations. You identify opportunities to drive supply chain transparency in support of business goals. You are comfortable managing complex issues to resolution.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Master’s degree in business or public policy preferred
- 10+ years professional experience in business and sustainability (with a supply chain focus)
- Management-level strategic planning and performance management experience is required (8+ years)
- At least 3 to 5 years management experience
- Excellent business acumen and superior analytical problem-solving skills
- Extensive and proven leadership skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills to convey complex information in a simple, easily understood to diverse groups of stakeholders
- Excellent presentation skills
- Demonstrated ability to lead collaboration across diverse teams within a large organization and inspire confidence to motivate groups collectively to meet common objectives
- Demonstrated ability to interact with all levels, partnering, facilitating, and influencing
- Ability to network, impact, and utilize internal and external resources
- Ability to travel 30% of the time
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
Job ID 00441317