Job Title: Workplace Experience Assistant
Date: January 2019
Reports to: Workplace Experience Manager
Entity: KEEN US
Status: Non-Exempt, hourly
Direct Reports: 0
You are the face of KEEN. This position demonstrates passion for the KEEN brand by providing superior experiences for guests & employees alike. The role includes phone and in-person reception, shipping and receiving, general clerical support for the Workplace Experience Team and the KEEN KANTEEN, assisting with company events and keeping the office running efficiently.
Front Desk Administration
- Delivers outstanding hospitality to all employees, guests, and visitors to KEEN by creating a positive, warm first impression and thoughtful attention to detail
- Covers the reception desk to ensure security of main entrance and front desk
- Greets and assists visitors to KEEN in a courteous and professional manner
- Professionally answers multi-line telephones and routes incoming calls
- Develops and maintains positive relationships with external business partners and vendors
- Performs various clerical duties as assigned, such as typing correspondence, etc.
- Schedules meetings and conference rooms when needed
- Complete birthday cards each month. Responsible for re-ordering cards when needed
- Assist with KEEN fleet vehicles that are housed at HQ including check out/in procedure
- Manage use of KEEN Parking lot including issuing of day passes and working with our parking vendor to ensure effective operations and good service
- Supports KEEN KANTEEN with communications, events schedules, café closures and daily menu updates
- Ship domestic and international packages on an as-needed basis.
- Assists in processing and distributing outgoing and incoming mail and shipments
- Work with Executive Assistants to order and maintain office supplies throughout the building
- Order and stock office supplies and facility supplies for HQ, Utility and Maddox Building tenants
- Ensure office supply cabinets are neat and orderly throughout KEEN HQ & Maddox Building
- Ensure that mailroom is tidy and shipping supplies are well-stocked.
- Ensure that upper floor kitchens are clean and stocked weekly, including performing weekly kitchen cleanings
- Help maintain and enforce the Shared Spaces & Staging Area SOP.
- Ensure that the lockers rooms are stocked and tidy
- Assist in the maintenance of Great Room and Basement lounge for appearance and functionality
- Maintain the cleanliness and stocking of supplies in all meeting rooms, including ensuring that all rooms contain appropriate furniture, signage, etc.
Workplace Experience Events
- Attend weekly Workplace Experience team meetings to assist in system communications
- Support Experience team by participating in event planning and occasionally taking leadership roles in event coordination
- Maintain and execute the Complete Workspace Program for new hires and terminated workspaces
- Lead facility tours through communications, scheduling and facilitating
- Takes on other duties as assigned or developed
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Minimum 2 years of related experience
- Prior hospitality experience a plus
- Exceptional customer service and communication skills
- Proficient with MS Office, including Outlook, Word and Excel
- Approaches all situations with a helpful and professional attitude
- Maintains composure and acts decisively in high pressure, urgent or ambiguous situations
- Detail oriented with outstanding follow-through
- Possesses a strong work ethic and sense of urgency
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to handle multiple tasks at once
- Adapts easily to change
- May be required to work occasional overtime as needed
- Ability to sit/stand and use computer for extended periods of time
- Frequent lifting and/or moving up to 10 pounds and occasional lifting and/or moving up to 50 pounds
- The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, sit and reach with hands and arms, and occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl
- Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus
Employee Conduct: It is the responsibility of every employee to contribute to a positive work environment through: mutual trust and respect; personal accountability and integrity; desire for growth and learning opportunities; teamwork; positive, honest and effective communication and professional interactions with co-workers, customers and partners.
Why KEEN: Driven by a passion for life outside, KEEN is a values-led, independently owned brand from Portland, Oregon, that’s on a mission to create original and versatile products, improve lives, and inspire outside adventure. Founded in 2003, KEEN launched a revolution in the footwear industry with the introduction of the Newport adventure sandal, and has donated more than $17 million to non-profit organizations and causes around the world to promote responsible outdoor recreation, including conservation efforts to protect open spaces. KEEN strives to show the world through its products and its actions that a business for good can actually be good for business. By giving back, reducing impact, and activating communities and individuals to protect the places where we work and play, KEEN puts its values in motion and takes action to leave the world a better place. Learn more at https://www.keenfootwear.com/our-purpose.html
KEEN is an equal opportunity employer, who values an inclusive and diverse community. Qualified candidates of all backgrounds are encouraged to apply and will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status or disability.