Job Title: Sales Associate
Date: February 2019
Reports to: Store Manager
Entity: Chrome Retail
Status: Hourly, part-time
Direct Reports: 0
Since 1995 Chrome Industries has been making useful durable products for people who ride, work and live in the city. Rooted in urban bike culture, we’re committed to building bags, apparel and footwear that survive the demanding urban conditions. Our headquarters is located in Portland, Oregon, and we have retail shops in San Francisco, Portland, Seattle, Chicago, and New York. We offer a creative team oriented work culture with deep connections to the cities in which we live.
The Sales Associate is responsible for delivering best-in-class brand and customer experience, hitting sales goals, and creating an easy-to-shop environment. Key responsibilities will include servicing customers on the sales floor, merchandising the space and keeping it clean, supporting inventory management, and an excellent understanding of a detailed POS system.
- Delivering best-in-class brand and buying experiences
- Helping to keep the shop merchandised, well-organized, and clean
- Supporting inventory management, including counting, back-stock organization, and reporting
- Helping to organize and run parties, local community events, and marketing efforts
- Reaching and exceeding daily sales goals
- 2+ years retail experience
- Knowledge of cycling industry and culture
- Knowledge of retail processes and procedures
- Ability to promote the brand and drive sales
- Strong understanding of the Chrome brand
- Self-motivated with a strong sense of personal accountability\
- Ability to lift up to 20 pounds
- Ability to stand for prolonged periods of time
It is the responsibility of every employee to contribute to a positive work environment through: mutual trust and respect; personal accountability and integrity; desire for growth and learning opportunities; teamwork; positive, honest and effective communication and professional interactions with co-workers, customers and partners.
Chrome Industries is an equal opportunity employer, who values an inclusive and diverse community. Qualified candidates of all backgrounds are encouraged to apply and will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status or disability.