Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world's best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At Nike, it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
Nike, Inc. Technology is responsible for making the world’s largest sport brand run faster, smarter and more securely. From infrastructure to security and supply chain operations, Technology specialists drive growth through top-flight hardware, software and enterprise applications. Global Technology aggressively innovates solutions to drive growth while creating and implementing tools that help make everything else in the company possible. Description
If you’re ready to innovate and lead in the Technology space, join Nike’s Infrastructure Technology organization. We bring together technology and process expertise to deliver one-stop solutions that enable Nike, Inc.'s products and services. We are responsible for creating, developing and deploying global solutions across the Nike landscape. Working with our organization will be rewarding, challenging, and most definitely not be just another job.
Scope and Responsibilities:
As a DNS Expert Engineer you will be responsible for the following tasks;
- Subject matter authority in DNS and DHCP technologies.
- Subject matter authority in the Design and Implementation of IPAM solutions.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills with a demonstrated ability to influence peers, customers and clients and move important team objectives forward in an environment with diverse views.
- Highly skilled at scripting (powershell and python) with a mindset for automation.
- Excellent working knowledge of networking technologies.
- Excellent working knowledge of Linux operating systems.
- Excellent working knowledge of Windows 2012r2/2008R2 operating systems.
- Excellent working knowledge of design and implementation of anycast technologies.
- Strong working knowledge of database technologies.
- Functional working knowledge of Active Directory in an enterprise environment.
- Interface with external subject matter experts and industry leaders to evolve our core IPAM and DNS foundation.
- Interface with internal Security Governance and business partners on Best Practices related to DNS.
- Experience providing 2nd and 3rd level support of large DNS infrastructures.
- Must be able to work in a collaborative team environment with a “can do” attitude capable of overcoming difficult challenges.
- Identify opportunities to innovate, extend and enhance service delivery within the DNS/DHCP/IPAM Services space.
- Act as a team player through various project roles related to DNS/DHCP. Both Internal and External.
- Experience creating automation, runbook development, infrastructure diagrams and documentation.
- Experience with Cloud Automation Services.
- Research, define, design, test, implement and upgrade to new solution architectures.
- Monitor the performance and capacity of DNS/DHCP system components to ensure zero interruptions to the DNS and DHCP network services.
- Provide support for DNS/DHCP related network problems for installations that occur after hours, including nights and weekends.
- Work with clients to determine and provide administration and support of the DNS/DHCP features that are necessary for business environments.
- Demonstrated ability to mentor team members and develop process documentation.
- A Bachelor's degree in Information Technology or equivalent experience
- 10+ years of experience working with DNS/DHCP/IPAM Solutions or equivalent work experience.
- Working knowledge of Bluecat/InfoBlox/Bind or similar. OpenDNS a plus.
- Must show a progressive advancement in responsibility including troubleshooting technical skills.
- Demonstrated success at building inter-team relationships globally and partnerships across organizational lines.
- Proven track record that includes implementation of enterprise network services projects.
- Demonstrated expert knowledge of one or more script languages (python and powershell).
- Demonstrated experience with system and workflow automation using API’s.
- Demonstrated experience with REST, SOAP and JSON.
- Global DNS/DHCP Infrastructure design.
- Working knowledge of systems integration related to DNS.
- Experience in prevailing industry ITIL process a plus. Service Now experience a plus.
- Experience with infrastructure and server operations; application infrastructure and standards; networking fundamentals; Windows; Clustering; Physical Server architecture; Virtualization Technologies (e.g. VMware, HyperV) and LAN/WAN/Firewall/VPN network technologies.
- Ability to translate technical issues into understandable business language.
- Developed, documented and enforced the standards, security procedures, and controls for access to ensure system integrity.
- Ability to develop project plans and schedules to complete complex projects or new product development.
- DNS design and implementation in cloud environments (AWS, Azure and Google Cloud)
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
Job ID 00434510