Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world's best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At Nike, it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
Air Mi, Product Development, Manufacturing & Engineering
Nike, Inc. Product Development is key to making next-level products. The first spark of an idea puts the team in motion, ultimately transforming a designer’s sketch into a commercially viable product. The teams of developers, testers, engineers and designers collaborate on refining each product’s construction, fit and style. Using advancements in technology and sustainable design, the Product Development teams accelerate innovation while reflecting the soul of sport.
Always the innovators, Nike, Inc.’s Manufacturing and Engineering team dreams up new ways to make better-performing products faster and more efficiently. This world-class team challenges assumptions about how Nike’s products are made and leads the company in pursuing ambitious sustainability goals, all while producing Nike’s rich mix of product. Masters of teamwork, Manufacturing and Engineering works closely with design teams, categories, manufacturing partners, material suppliers and logistics providers across more than 40 countries on six continents. They navigate the complex geopolitical world with multiple supply chains and diverse ecosystems, while keeping their focus on manufacturing, materials, sustainability and creating quality products. Description
As our Machinist II, you'll provide leadership in the repair, maintenance, and fabrication of production and prototype tooling, molds, die fixtures, and machine parts to support our manufacturing facility by operating CNC milling machines, lathes, grinders, drill presses, saws and other equipment within the machine shop. You'll use blueprints, CAD design sketches, and Engineering specifications to ensure the proper dimensions and close tolerance levels of the finished product. You'll provide feedback and recommendations with business partners on design, machinability, improvements, and efficiencies. You'll create and generate complex tool paths in 2-D and 3-D machining programs and load files into machine to make minor adjustments. In addition, you'll maintain and complete all forms, files, and work orders and ensure safety measures are strictly followed.
The available shifts for this position are:
Day 2: Friday – Sunday with every other Monday from 5:30am – 5:30pm
Night 2: Friday – Sunday with every other Monday from 5:30pm – 5:30am
- High School Diploma/GED or equivalent
- Technical degree in Machine Manufacturing Technology or related field
- 3 years' work experience in a machine shop or equivalent field
- Experience/certification in Mastercam required
- Experience in Delcam preferred but not required
- Experience utilizing blueprints, sketches, and CAD drawings to fabricate parts
- Experience drawing in CAD software
- Ability to setup and operate a CNC machine (following set-up sheets)
- Experience in 2-D CNC programming required. Experience in 3-D programming preferred
- Experience with Hardinge BRIDGEPORT and OKUMA CNC machines preferred
- Ability to use common machine tools, such as band saws, vertical saws, drill presses, pedestal grinders, lathes, manual mills, basic hand tools, and measurement instruments such as calipers and micrometers
- Ability to lift and move tools and molds up to 30 pounds
- Ability to meet physical requirements of stooping, bending, kneeling, crouching, pushing, hearing, reaching, and movement around work areas to accomplish job tasks
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to convey ideas and solutions to machining changes
- Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines and adapt to changing priorities and projects
- Strong attention to detail
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
Job ID 00434027