Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world's best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At Nike, it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
Global Apparel Product Creation, Product Development
Nike, Inc. Product Development is key to making next-level products. The first spark of an idea puts the team in motion, ultimately transforming a designer’s sketch into a commercially viable product. The teams of developers, testers, engineers and designers collaborate on refining each product’s construction, fit and style. Using advancements in technology and sustainable design, the Product Development teams accelerate innovation while reflecting the soul of sport.
The first spark of a product idea sets the Nike, Inc. Apparel Product Creation team into motion. The team of apparel developers, testers, engineers and designers strive for product excellence. They obsess over Nike’s iconic silhouettes and create groundbreaking new styles. They collaborate, ideate and refine products’ construction, fit and materials. They use cutting-edge advancements in technology and sustainable design to accelerate innovation. And they work lockstep with Merchandising, Design, Manufacturing and others to produce the final result: products that reflect the soul of sport and inspire athletes to reach new levels of performance. Description
As our Tennis Technical Developer I, you'll coordinate the product creation process from initial concept to commercialization. You will lead technical specifications, patterns, fits and development per critical dates, product specification, sustainability, performance, and profitability goals. You'll collaborate with Design, Product Merchandising and Manufacturing to effectively execute on product development goals and deliverables. You'll function as a technical and business resource for other team members. In addition, you'll create and revise documentation and other information for assigned product, ensuring all documentation is maintained including product specs and prototype notes.
- Bachelor's degree in apparel design, engineering, science, business or a related field
- 1 years' experience in product creation (product development, engineering, production or R&D)
- 2 years' additional product creation experience may be considered in lieu of a degree
- Excellent understanding of drawings, patterns, fit, construction, materials, costing and quality
- Excellent development and organization skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated skill in problem solving and results orientation
- Excellent organization and multi tasking skills; will manage multiple projects over multiple seasons
- Excellent analytical, decision making and influencing skills; must be a self starter
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time (domestic and international)
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
Job ID 00440786