If you’re ready to innovate and lead in the Digital space, join Nike’s Digital Engineering organization. We bring together technology and process expertise to deliver one-stop solutions that enable Nike, Inc.'s digital products and services. We are responsible for creating, developing and deploying seamless, tailored and inherently social experiences to its Digital consumers. Working with our organization will be rewarding, challenging, and most definitely not be just another job.
Scope and Responsibilities:
We are seeking a high performing Software Engineer II to play a critical role in the development of the Nike.com platform and prove Nike’s global consumers a premium commerce experience. In this role, you will be instrumental in driving the team in delivering innovative and quality services that enable a consistent, maintainable and highly scalable experience. You will lead by example in ensuring our software is of the highest quality and be an advocate of new technology and development techniques. The successful candidate is a proven leader with excellent communication and relationship building skills in addition to current, hands-on coding skills.
• 3-5 years of software development experience
• Excellent skills in team leadership and building positive relationships across Product and Engineering.
• Excellent foundation in data structures, algorithms, and architecture patterns
• Diverse and deep experience in microservice architecture, domain driven design, and RESTful APIs using languages such as Java or Node
• Experience working in a Distributed/Cloud-based environment (AWS preferred).
• Experience in NoSQL data stores, such as Cassandra, DynamoDB, or similar technologies.
• Experience with modern build strategies, continuous integration, unit testing, static analysis, and automated integration tests. Continuous delivery experience preferred
• Understanding in agile principles and the Scrum development process
• Ability to define solution options, provide estimates on effort and risk, and evaluate technical feasibility
• Comfortable working in a fast-paced, results-oriented environment
• Commitment to and hands-on experience in performing technical code reviews
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business, or other relevant subject area
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
Job ID: 00437029