Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world's best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At Nike, it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
For Nike, Inc. merchants, everything begins and ends with the consumer. The Nike Merchandising team understands consumer needs and market capacity to create the right product mix for marketplaces around the world. From stores to online, this team helps bring the seasonal category visions to life. The Merchandising team has the unique ability to see beyond trends to identify what’s next to deliver the right product to the right places at the right time and price. Description
This position will report to the Compliance Director and serve as the Marking and Labeling subject matter expert within the Market Compliance and Packaging Operations team.
Our Marking and Labeling Analyst will monitor and compile regulatory requirements for on-product and retail packaging labeling by product type and geographic destination, actively engaging with Product Developers and Global/Geography-level subject matter experts to ensure labels are compliant.
Our Marking and Labeling Analyst will also be the department’s authority in Nike’s first truly global marking and labeling solution. This will involve work with subject matter experts across the Nike matrix, and with third party solution providers, to ensure optimum system functionality, enabling a centralized labeling repository containing accurate guidance across a broad range of labeling requirements.
Additionally, our Marking and Labeling Analyst will support Nike Government Affairs and Legal teams’ work in regulatory assessment and advocacy, digesting proposed regulatory changes and providing feedback/insights on potential impacts to the business.
The effective candidate will work closely with the highly skilled and diverse teams in Product Development, Packaging Design, Brand/Marketing, AP/EQ Global Labeling and Marking (GLAM), Global Customs, Government Affairs, Nike Legal, Nike Liaison Offices and external vendor partners as desired to identify and resolve potential risks to product labeling compliance.
- Minimum 2 year/Associates degree in product development, international trade or related business area preferred; 4 year degree highly desirable.
- Minimum 4 years work experience in a market compliance coordination, account management or external partner liaison role(s) in a medium to large scale business operation, with a minimum 2 years experience managing cross cultural / international communications.
- 2-4 years of data management experience in a medium to large scale business operation strongly desired.
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), preferred; experience in SAP, and Adobe Illustrator is very desirable
- Self motivated, detail oriented and comfortable with supply chain and product development concepts
- Exposure to/experience with global marking/labeling concepts, requirements, regulations and trends is highly desirable
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, working equally well individually and as member of cross functional team
- Excellent project management and organizational skills desired.
- Aptitude for learning/experience contributing to the design of management information solutions is very desirable.
- Ability to influence, collaborate and communicate with a range of managers, analysts, internal legal counsel and other key colleagues in a complex matrix environment.
- Curiosity and/or passion for understanding the rules of business across the globe
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
Job ID 00430048