To manage, sell to and service assigned regional key account base by presenting adidas products and develop profitable business growth with the account.
- Using strong business acumen and retail math abilities drive the top and bottom line number for the account.
- Drive account growth and profitability by assessing and building on areas of momentum, capitalize on product/pricing opportunities and course correct with innovative sales tactics to improve sales performance with account
- Develop strategic sales plans that incorporate specific account insight and goals to achieve adidas sales and profitability targets that align with brand and category objectives
- Receive specific product and brand direction for focus categories at account and customize to regional and account specific requirements
- Lead sell in and sell through for assigned account in collaboration with marketing and retail activation
- Develop and maintain strong relationships built on respect with account(s), consistently delivering a high level of customer service
- Work as liaison between adidas operations and account operations.
- Produce and deliver accurate and reliable quarterly forecasts on or before deadlines.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with all internal departments (i.e. customer service, marketing, etc).
- Track adidas profitability with key accounts and manage all credit claims and issues to resolution.
- Track orders from point of sale with the account, to shipment from adidas.
- Manage, track and resolve all customer compliance issues regarding freight claims, charge-backs, shipping violations and returns.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong business acumen. Ability to understand and use financial data to make decisions and influence outcomes. This includes margins, retail math, forecast/projections, probability and statistical inference, fractions, percentages, ratios, etc.
- Ability to portray a confident and winning attitude in challenging business interactions.
- Ability to negotiate skilfully in tough situations with both internal and external contacts.
- Agile communication skills with internal and external business partners. The ability to write and speak clearly and succinctly in a variety of settings and styles. Proven ability to deliver a high level of customer service, including the ability to respond effectively to sensitive inquiries or complaints.
- Efficient organization and planning skills. Must use effective time management skills and prioritize to complete deadlines. Needs to have an effective system in place to manage office tasks. Organization of paperwork and work is evident through effective filing systems and communications.
- Strong presentation skills. Effectiveness in a variety of formal presentation settings within and outside of the company. The ability to command attention and manage group process during the presentation. Can change tactics midstream when something isn't working without audience noticing. Ability to understand and incorporate all levels of brand marketing plans and ideals in to presentations
- Strong problem solving ability. Able to develop solutions to situations before and as they arise. Anticipates issues and devise "suggested" solutions before proceeding.
- Ability to build relationships founded in respect and trust through an understanding of their business metrics.
- Ability to diplomatically fight for the brand to create win win resolution with retailers.
- Merchandising and planning skills, and the ability to apply them by connecting the merchandise plan into forecast, then executing accordingly.
- Ability to handle multiple projects and work in an autonomous environment with little direction or supervision.
- Knowledge of sales processes, procedures and policies.
- A strong understanding of retail sales practices, and the ability to lay out practical and logical assortment plans based on retail space, inventory turn, and sell through.
- General knowledge of fashion trends, color, and the consistently changing retail environment.
- Technical proficiency with MS applications (Excel, Word and PowerPoint).
- Ability to lift and carry samples and bags weighing up to 25 lbs.
- Ability to travel up to 50% of the time.
- Passion for sport.
- Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university and a minimum three years of related experience and/or training, or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Athletic industry experience preferred.
- MBA preferred.