This role contributes to the distribution of product from Columbia Sportswear Company’s largest Distribution Center in North Portland’s Rivergate district by ensuring our product is received, labeled, inventoried and shipped according to customer expectations and demands. Working in our state-of-the-art distribution center provides excellent career and growth opportunities. We offer full medical, dental and vision benefits; 401k matching; bonus opportunity; and deep discounts on Columbia Sportswear, Mountain Hardwear, SOREL and prAna products. It is a fun, fast paced production work environment.
The starting wage for this position is $13.50 per hour plus full benefits.
Day Shift Hours: 5:50am-2:20pm
Responsibilities may include:
- Receive incoming product and affixing proper labeling
- Make boxes according to pick labels, load on cart and pick to appropriate box
- Unload cases from pick cart, verify accuracy of packing
- Seal cartons and send to shipping
- Dispose of empty cartons
- Maintain accuracy and attention to detail while using Warehouse Management System (WMS) to ensure accountability for all units
- May operate manual or automated material handling equipment, such as forklifts, pallet jacks, and/or order pickers
- Perform Value Added Services that the customer has requested (i.e. price tag, bay sticker, hanger, debag, rebag, etc.)
- Prepare product to comply with DC and company guidelines for processing
- High school education or equivalent
- Basic computer skills or ability to be trained on the computer
- Ability to read, write and speak English
- Previous experience working in a warehouse environment is helpful
- Physical ability to walk or stand for extended periods of time on grated or concrete surface
- Ability to perform repetitive arm/shoulder movements
- Ability to repetitively lift/carry up to 40 pounds for the length of the shift
- Consistent attendance and punctuality are required for this position
Job may require hours that often exceed 8 hours per day and/or 40 hours per week to complete priority projects. Exposure to Distribution Center machinery/equipment such as conveyor belts, forklifts and loading docks.
This job description is not meant to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities, but constitutes a general definition of the position's scope and function in the company.
EEO/AA Employer/Vets/Disabled/Race/Ethnicity/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Age