Under Armour is all about performance. Because what we make empowers athletes in every form to push themselves, to turn good into great, and to stay hungry for whatever comes next. And this is exactly what we expect from each other.
Working with us means one key thing: no matter what you do, you see every day and every project as a chance to push your field forward. In every store and every office, we build teams where everyone is an MVP. And together we tackle every challenge head on. Because we work to push the gear, the game, and ourselves farther.
We’re looking for people who do more than good work.
We’re looking for the Best in Every Game.
Under Armour is the chosen brand of this generation of athletes... and the athletes of tomorrow. We're about performance - in training and on game day, in blistering heat and bitter cold. Whatever the conditions, whatever the sport, Under Armour delivers the advantage athletes have come to demand.
That demand has created an environment of growth. An environment where building a great team is vital. An environment where doing whatever it takes is the baseline and going above and beyond to protect the Brand is commonplace.
The world's hungriest athletes live by a code, a pledge to themselves and everyone else: Protect This House... I Will. Our goal is to Build A Great Team! Will YOU…Protect This House?!
This is a great opportunity to join the most explosive growth company in the retail industry! We are investing in our systems and team today to support a much larger business in the future. The Retail Applications Analyst will play a critical role working with UA Teammates and external partners to implement and support scalable solutions that will support our global retail growth for years to come. The right candidate will help guide our business to the next level through a combination of technology and process improvements while providing outstanding customer service.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Implement and support UA’s retail focused enterprise applications, primarily: JDA AllocateNow and JDA Size Scale; Aptos Point of Sale (POS); Just Enough Allocations; and Control-M workload automation.
- Provide outstanding customer service to home office, remote, and store based teammates.
- Work closely with development resources to ensure all retail interfaces are functioning as designed.
- Support retail master data issues or questions related to stores, items, pricing and promotions
- Utilize problem solving and technical skills to support the team, identify/document software bugs, and resolve questions.
- Maximize Allocation system investments/capabilities by learning best-practices, and standardizing business processes wherever possible.
- Support business and teammate growth with testing, implementation, and training.
- Provide occasional “on-call” coverage after normal business hours, including over weekends and/or holidays.
- Quickly learn and adapt to new software, platforms, and business changes in the retail application space.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Analytical - Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data; Designs work flows and procedures.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
- Interpersonal Skills - Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
- Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
- Leadership - Exhibits confidence in self and others; Inspires and motivates others to perform well; effectively influences actions and opinions of others; Accepts feedback from others; Gives appropriate recognition to others.
- Quality Management - Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Diversity - Demonstrates knowledge of EEO policy; Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; educates others on the value of diversity; promotes a harassment-free environment; Builds a diverse workforce.
- Ethics - Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
- Strategic Thinking - Develops strategies to achieve organizational goals; Understands organization's strengths & weaknesses; Analyzes market and competition; Identifies external threats and opportunities; Adapts strategy to changing conditions.
Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must possess superior problem solving and analytical skills.
- Excellent organizational, verbal and written communication and the ability to present information in a clear, concise and complete manner.
- Sense of urgency and accuracy.
- Ability to work in a team environment, but also work effectively as an individual.
- Ability to manage competing priorities in order to effectively deliver results.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Management with MIS focus, Engineering or Computer Science a relevant business area within retail preferred, but relevant professional experience will be considered.
- 2-5 years of experience supporting retail or enterprise systems.
- Experience supporting Planning, Allocation or Merchandising solutions is preferred.
- SQL or other database or programming language strongly preferred
- Experience with Control-M workload automation preferred
- Experience with Aptos POS (formerly Epicor) preferred
- Experience with SAP ERP modules is preferred.
- Reporting/BI system experience is a plus.
- In-store retail experience is a plus
At Under Armour, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Under Armour believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as a global company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.