Under Armour is all about performance. Because what we make empowers athletes in every form to push themselves, to turn good into great, and to stay hungry for whatever comes next. And this is exactly what we expect from each other.
Working with us means one key thing: no matter what you do, you see every day and every project as a chance to push your field forward. In every store and every office, we build teams where everyone is an MVP. And together we tackle every challenge head on. Because we work to push the gear, the game, and ourselves farther.
We’re looking for people who do more than good work.
We’re looking for the Best in Every Game.
Under Armour is the chosen brand of this generation of athletes... and the athletes of tomorrow. We're about performance - in training and on game day, in blistering heat and bitter cold. Whatever the conditions, whatever the sport, Under Armour delivers the advantage athletes have come to demand.
That demand has created an environment of growth. An environment where building a great team is vital. An environment where doing whatever it takes is the baseline and going above and beyond to protect the Brand is commonplace.
The world's hungriest athletes live by a code, a pledge to themselves and everyone else: Protect This House... I Will. Our goal is to Build A Great Team! Will YOU…Protect This House?!
SUMMARY: Under Armour is looking for a Retail Space Professional for the Iberia headquarters based in Barcelona, Spain. The position reports directly to the Key Account Manager.
The ideal candidate has a strong affinity to retail, marketing and sales enabling her/ him to act as a connector and catalyst for detecting, developing and executing brand/ business opportunities for Under Armour at the point of sale. She/ he as a strong entrepreneurial mindset, is highly self-motivated and pro-active, able to spend significant time in store working with customer teams, store staff and agencies to drive excellent retail execution and sell-out.
The position will be focused on the main Spain & Portugal accounts/ doors where we plan to make a step change to achieve the best Under Armour shopping experience.
The candidate needs to have strong communication & relationship skills, be well organized and able to drive multi-functional initiatives targeted to deliver measurable results at the point of sales, both, in terms of shopping experience as well as sell-out/ financial KPIs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Be constantly present and in contact with the points of sale in her/ his defined scope, representing UA, establishing personal relationships with customer teams and linking back into all respective UA functions (Trade Marketing, VM, Sales, Retail Development, Business Planning, Customer Service, Account Ops), sharing insights and supporting execution of UA programs/ activations
- Manage UA staff in points of sale, providing guidance, training, feedback and support
- Strive to continuously improve the UA space and shopping experience, identifying and pursuing store-by-store opportunities for gaining/ improving UA assigned space and supporting in-store VM & campaign execution following the respective European guidelines and seasonal strategies
- Improve and track sell-through and space productivity in collaboration with Business Planning and Sales, identifying opportunities and risks (assortment, supply, …) and sharing with the respective functions
- Create and share success stories/ best practices
- Consolidate relevant consumer/ store/ product/ competition insights and feed back into the respective teams, especially supporting the preparation of account assortment plans based on first hand store insights
- Proactively plan, organize, execute and document store visits according to agreed targets and budgets
- TIME SPLITS
- 40% -Internal – Iberia office, Barcelona
- 60% -External – Mainly in retail, but also in meetings with accounts/ agencies
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's Degree in Sales/ Marketing
- Proven retail/ trade marketing/ sales experience in sporting goods/ lifestyle brands
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Strong understanding across all sales and retail marketing mechanics
- Excellent project management skills
- Ability to develop and maintain solid relationships and working knowledge of Iberia key retail accounts
- Ability to multitask in high pressure environment.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills and strong knowledge of current Iberia retail landscape.
- Strong presentation skills. Both verbal and written
- Strong analytical skills and advanced Excel and BI/ SAP skills
- Team player with a passion for sports and have the desire to cross the line in first place delivering executional excellence.
- Dedicated, enthusiastic, innovative and drive to achieve the best, the teammate should be a strong communicator and able to manage their time effectively.
Mastery of the Spanish and English languages, both, conversation and written, is required.
Under Armour is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we are committed to diversity in the workplace. We encourage qualified diverse candidates to apply. Under Armour does not discriminate against any candidate on the basis of race, gender, disability, religion, national origin, age, or any other protected category.