Our team is expanding and is in search of a person who best reflects the words of Gert Boyle, “It is perfect, now make it better!” Your position will be engineering and project focused. It requires design and implementation of platforms, cloud, security and network experience. The position will also include small team leadership and mentoring of fellow IaaS teammates. If your passion is building perfect forward leaning infrastructure platforms (and making them better), we are looking for you!
- The ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of system architecture, and experience in infrastructure as well as the use of automation frameworks.
- The candidate needs to have strong communication skills, and a motivation to work with internal teams and partner teams to achieve results in a fast paced environment.
- The candidate needs to analyze very common business processes and practices and find ways to make them more efficient and easier using various technologies like server systems, storage, virtualization, networking, infrastructure security systems, code development, cloud applications, automation tools, etc.
- In this role you will:
- Architect, design and develop on-premise and off-premise cloud infrastructure, automation frameworks and solutions.
- Optimize existing solutions and provide improvement feedback to L1/L2/L3 teams. Design and develop new tools and smart alerts that help discover failures/issues in a timely fashion. Perform system reviews, evaluate implementations, and provide feedback about potential improvements
- Provide technical mentoring to junior members of the IaaS team.
- Prepare and maintain roadmaps and participate in vendor relationships as well as procurement.
- Define and evangelize system optimizations and best practices to improve reliability and performance. Develop automation, processes, and tools designed to make responding to and resolving incidents simpler and more robust.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or in “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) is a plus.
- 8+ years of technical experience in customer facing datacenter architecture, delivery and operational services in environments such as VMware, EMC, Cisco Networking, Palo Alto security solutions and Azure Cloud.
- Technical Expertise: Experience in building scalable and highly available distributed systems and application architectures. Hands-on experience working with private or public cloud services in a highly available and scalable production environment.
- Solid understanding of infrastructure design, including the operational trade-offs of various designs. Proven experience with offerings such as VMWare, Cisco, EMC or or similar.
- Familiarity with modern infrastructure tools, particularly Chef, Ansible, VMWare vRealize Suite, Microsoft System Center, Thousand Eyes, etc.
- A clear understanding of cloud service and deployment models. Ability to see and present 'the big picture' and offer solutions to make it better to both fellow engineers and business facing customers.
- Participates in domain technical and business discussions relative to future architecture direction aligning with business goals.
- Gathers and analyzes data and develops architectural requirements at project level, aligning architectural requirements with software development strategy.
- Reviews exceptions and makes recommendations to architectural standards at a domain level.
- Knowledge of InfoSec and Identity Systems (SSO/MFA) is plus
This job description is not meant to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities, but constitutes a general definition of the position's scope and function in the company.
EEO/AA Employer/Vets/Disabled/Race/Ethnicity/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Age