Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world's best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At Nike, it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
The first spark of a product idea sets the Nike, Inc. Footwear Product Creation team into motion. The team of footwear developers, testers, engineers and designers strive for product excellence. They obsess over shoes, while collaborating, ideating and refining the product’s construction, fit and style. They use groundbreaking advancements in technology and sustainable design to accelerate innovation. And they work lockstep with Merchandising, Design, Manufacturing and others to produce the final result: products that reflect the soul of sport and inspire athletes to reach new levels of performance. Description
As our Materials Innovator I, you will join the Footwear Materials team focused on supporting innovative material solutions for targeted initiatives within NXT, the Nike Explore Team. You will be asked to leverage a broad knowledge of polymer properties to support strategic development programs across the Basketball, Running and Global Football categories. You will be asked to work with a variety of thermoplastic polymers across several processing platforms, including injection molding, extrusion, foaming, and compounding. A self-motivated, hands-on approach is key to the role.
Strategic initiatives are driven by project teams, and you will be responsible for executing the project strategy through making material and footwear samples. You will be asked to problem solve within a rapid prototyping environment to resolve processing related issues as it relates to material performance. You will be asked to support collaborations with material suppliers and consultants designed to optimize and improve existing materials and/or develop new materials to meet Nike's needs. You will work with the Materials & Mechanical Lab to assist in generating, analyzing, and interpreting results of testing of materials to ensure that materials meet all required standards.
- Requirements for the position include:
- Bachelor’s degree in Polymer Science, Materials Science, Mechanical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, or related field.
- Minimum of 2 years material application development experience preferred.
- Comprehensive understanding of polymeric materials, their processing, and their relation to part design and performance.
- Familiarity with state-of-the-art processing techniques used for polymeric materials, including injection molding, extrusion, foaming, and compression molding.
- Ability to clearly articulate project goals and objectives to relevant audiences.
- Knowledge of standard material test methods and analytical techniques.
- Strong interpersonal effectiveness, collaboration and data-based decision-making track record (i.e. statistical methods).
- Ability to work with diverse teams and skillsets to support strategic initiatives.
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
Job ID 00434723