Overview of prAna
prAna is an ancient Sanskrit word for breath, life and vitality of the spirit. We are honored to borrow this word as our company name, as it lifts our aspirations and helps guide our actions towards a socially mindful and environmentally sustainable organization.
We started back in 1993 in Carlsbad, California and we continue to grow and resonate with like-minded people; climbers, surfers, athletes of all flavors, yogis, artists and free spirited folks around the world.
Our apparel and accessories are thoughtfully designed and built to last, for sport, life, travel and adventure. It is our hope that when people wear prAna, they can feel the intention and passion that is woven into everything we make and everything we do.
Overview of the Position:
The Keyholder is a key member of the sales and service team that delivers exceptional customer service and sells prAna merchandise to achieve store’s sales goals. In addition to the primary focus on sales and service, the Keyholder opens and/or closes the store on assigned shifts and may have assigned responsibilities related to store operations that fall into categories of the product, store environment and marketing. In the absence of the Store Manager and Assistant Store Manager, the Keyholder is responsible for management of the store and the team.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
1. Store Leadership Assistance
2. Sales and Service
- Assist with training team members as requested
- Take lead on floor to supervise team and manage store operations when Store Manager and Assistant Manager not present in store; be fully responsible for opening and/or closing of store for assigned shift
- Foster a work environment for teamwork, productivity and employee engagement
- Uphold company and store standards, policies and procedures
- Role model high performance and behaviors aligned with the prAna values and standards
- Write, prepare and send daily reports
- Participate in the performance review process led by Store Manager; provide input
- Identify and report health and/or safety issues or work-related accidents to Store Manager, Assistant Store Manager or Director of Retail immediately; follow company policy and procedures for reporting accidents or injuries on the job
- Promote and execute sales and service focus to achieve sales goals and deliver exceptional service as per the prAna service standards
- Demonstrate extraordinary service standards and sales skills; lead by example
- Deliver helpful, knowledgeable and friendly service in person and other means such as phone or mobile devices
- Welcome prAna customers when entering the store; build rapport and connection
- Assist customers with finding merchandise in the store, at other stores and on-line and go above and beyond to create an exceptional shopping experience; recommend products that may satisfy their needs and maximize store sales
- Know and embrace prAna’s return policy “We Stand by Our Goods”
- Assist customers with special orders, exchanges, returns and in-store orders from prAna.com
- Proficiently utilize the POS system for sales transactions
- Provide accurate and current information about prAna products; seek information and follow up with customer, if needed
- Receive, tag, fold, steam and put away product in an organized fashion
- Replenish product on the floor
- Acquire and apply in-depth knowledge of prAna apparel each season, including fit, fabric and intended use of each product
- Assist with training team members on product knowledge and replenishment guidelines, procedures
- Follow inventory control and loss prevention procedures
- Conduct physical inventory at store, in partnership with Store Manager and Assistant Store Manager
4. Store Environment
- As assigned, assist with product and visual merchandising in the store to drive sales and create an exceptional and consistent customer experience with the prAna brand
- Maintain store security, including building and cash handling
- Perform store housekeeping tasks to maintain a clean and organized store (e.g. empty trash and recycling, clean break area, clean washrooms, clean change rooms, etc.)
- As assigned, assist with marketing efforts in areas including but not limited to events, social media, visual merchandising and assist with development and execution of the rolling 3-month store marketing calendar
High School Diploma or equivalent.
Prefer 3 years previous retail operations experience with at least one year of retail supervisory, management or leadership experience.
Combination of previous experience, education and relevant experience considered.
Skill in operating personal computers, POS systems, and various software packages including Microsoft Word and Excel are needed.
Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of company personnel through oral and written means is required.
Effective retail math experience/aptitude/ability required.
Time management and ability to use good judgment and make sound decisions are required.
Job may require hours that often exceed 8 hours per day and/or 40 hours per week during peak periods.
Available to work store schedule – Sunday to Saturday.
Physical requirements include the ability to use telephone, computerized systems; perform repetitive movements of the arms and shoulders, stand for extended periods of time up to 8 hours per day, move freely around store, bend, twist, reach, squat, climb a ladder and regularly lift/carry up to 40 pounds.
This job description is not meant to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities, but constitutes a general definition of the position's scope and function in the company.
EEO/AA Employer/Vets/Disabled/Race/Ethnicity/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Age