Under Armour is all about performance. Because what we make empowers athletes in every form to push themselves, to turn good into great, and to stay hungry for whatever comes next. And this is exactly what we expect from each other.
Working with us means one key thing: no matter what you do, you see every day and every project as a chance to push your field forward. In every store and every office, we build teams where everyone is an MVP. And together we tackle every challenge head on. Because we work to push the gear, the game, and ourselves farther.
We’re looking for people who do more than good work.
We’re looking for the Best in Every Game.
Under Armour is the chosen brand of this generation of athletes... and the athletes of tomorrow. We're about performance - in training and on game day, in blistering heat and bitter cold. Whatever the conditions, whatever the sport, Under Armour delivers the advantage athletes have come to demand.
That demand has created an environment of growth. An environment where building a great team is vital. An environment where doing whatever it takes is the baseline and going above and beyond to protect the Brand is commonplace.
The world's hungriest athletes live by a code, a pledge to themselves and everyone else: Protect This House... I Will. Our goal is to Build A Great Team! Will YOU…Protect This House?!
Product Designer, Under Armour Connected Fitness
Under Armour are a leading company in sports products and the most dynamic growth brand in sports in the past 30 years. Under Armour’s growth comes from relentless focus on innovative products as well as its powerful and authentic connection with athletes and people who share the athletic spirit. The highest quality products, powerful storytelling and endorsement by “home town hero” athletes helped create the powerful movement that is Under Armour.
Under Armour Connected Fitness has steadily been building the world’s largest digital fitness community by providing tools to make fitness social, simple and rewarding through a suite of flagship consumer fitness brands – MapMyFitness (MapMyRun, MapMyRide, MapMyWalk), My Fitness Pal, Endomondo.
We are looking for a Product Designer to join the UA Fitness Design team. This role will play an instrumental role in the discovery and execution of digital experiences for mobile and web products. This is a product design role, focused on interface and experience design. It’s preferable that the ideal candidate has experience in both web and app-based projects, with a focus on native mobile app design. You will thoroughly understand the user goals, business needs, and create architecture, flows, and wireframes that help people accomplish their goals and result in memorable and beautiful experiences.
You'll be working in a creative environment with business owners, product managers, designers and developers and your role is to ensure that consumer's goals and requirements are captured, communicated and satisfied. You will work alongside a small team of designers, and you are familiar with agile design and development methodologies. We are looking for people who are passionate about solving problems using design methods. Your proactive approach to creative problem solving will be essential to the success of the whole team. Strong handle of design with an acute sensibility for user experience is required.
This position is based in the Under Armour Connected Fitness offices in San Francisco, CA.
- Experience in both web and app-based products, with a proficiency in mobile design (iOS and Android)
- Generate and translate abstract concepts into simple and elegant user interfaces
- Create concept models, user interface sketches, and detailed schematics
- 1-2 years experience being held accountable for the design and execution of design tracks within digital products, working with peer partners and designers on the team
- Best-in-class project deliverables (concepts, designs, schematics, flows etc.)
- Proficiency in interaction design discipline – best-in-class information architecture, interaction models, user flows, interaction patterns, annotations, etc.
- Experience with conducting user research and usability studies (both formal and guerrilla-style), and generating insights through synthesis
- Able to understand the conceptual basis of a brand and how it should inform design
- Experience adhering to and developing style and identity guidelines
- Experience using Sketch, Framer, and frankly – any tool necessary to get the job “done, done, done!”
- Understands the value of the latest design trends
- Experience working with Designers, Art Directors, Content Strategists and Copywriters
- Eager to solicit feedback from real users and teammates
- Sketching/drawing skills a plus.
- Bachelors degree in Graphic Design, HCI or equivalent experience
Preferred skills (bonus points):
- Understands the emerging world of quantified self, and the convergence of technology, wearables, wellness, and fitness
- Have worked agency side for big brands, supporting many thousands of users
- Or, have worked internal at a big brand, or an amazing product startup
- You are a self-starting problem solver who is driven by their craft.
- You excel at turning human behaviors, coupled with business needs, into real concepts.
- You thrive on collaboration, and communicate effectively.
- You are a systems thinker, and can simplify complexity.
- You are obsessed with how technology and design can be utilized to improve the human experience.
- You naturally collaborate with teammates at all levels of experience.
- Your definition of UX/UI Design is inextricable with visual and motion design.
- You know how to inform, instruct, and motivate through design.
- You know how to delegate, prioritize, and escalate as needed.
- You are more concerned about being smart than being “right”.
- You have the ability to think conceptually and offer up new ideas and options and also drive a design through implementation to the pixel perfect level.
- You are a skilled discussion facilitator and storyteller.
- You maintain a positive, enthusiastic attitude.
- You have a passion for wellness and fitness.
- You have a sense of humor and like, you know, fun.
- You are ready to make some really cool stuff.
- To be considered, you must provide a link to an online portfolio
At Under Armour, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Under Armour believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as a global company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.