Job Title: KidsCare Teacher's Aide
Date: February 2019
Reports to: KidsCare Manager
Entity: KEEN US
Status: Hourly, part-time
Direct Reports: 0
KEEN KidsCare Teacher’s Aide will guide children through developmentally appropriate experiences, communicate effectively and respectfully, and maintain a clean and harmonious classroom environment.
- Perform various clerical duties required, such as word processing, correspondence, copying, scanning, filing, and faxing
- Ensure sanitation and safety in accordance with all Oregon Health Code requirements
- Maintain a professional and welcoming tone when communicating with families
- Regularly contribute to a clean learning environment by sweeping, dish washing, toy sanitizing etc.
- Enrolled in the Criminal Registry*
- Exceptional service and communication skills
- Demonstrates passion for the KEEN Brand
- Can easily adapt to change while preserving follow-through
- Maintains a sense of humor in the face of challenges
- Maintains a high degree of confidentiality
- Effective teamwork and interpersonal skills
- Ability to sit on the floor or on low stools for extended periods of time
- Ability to get up and down from the floor repeatedly throughout the day
- Frequently lifting and/or moving up to 20 pounds and occasional lifting and/or moving up to 50 pounds
- The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, sit, and reach with hands and arms, and occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl
- Specific vison abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus
*Schedule of required trainings and certificates
Before Hire – Enrollment with the Criminal Registry
First Day – New Employee Orientation, Food Handler’s Card
Within Three Weeks – OCC Approved Introduction to Health and Safety Training, RRCAN, Safe Sleep
Oregon Registry Online – Enrollment in ORO is required, as well as step-application when pertinent
Within 90 Days – Child and Adult CPR and First Aid
**Required prior to first day working alone with children, but until completion a teacher must partner with another CPR and First Aid certified adult. Must be completed within 90 days of hire date.
Employee Conduct: It is the responsibility of every employee to contribute to a positive work environment through: mutual trust and respect; personal accountability and integrity; desire for growth and learning opportunities; teamwork; positive, honest and effective communication and professional interactions with co-workers, customers and partners.
Why KEEN: Driven by a passion for life outside, KEEN is a values-led, independently owned brand from Portland, Oregon, that’s on a mission to create original and versatile products, improve lives, and inspire outside adventure. Founded in 2003, KEEN launched a revolution in the footwear industry with the introduction of the Newport adventure sandal, and has donated more than $17 million to non-profit organizations and causes around the world to promote responsible outdoor recreation, including conservation efforts to protect open spaces. KEEN strives to show the world through its products and its actions that a business for good can actually be good for business. By giving back, reducing impact, and activating communities and individuals to protect the places where we work and play, KEEN puts its values in motion and takes action to leave the world a better place. Learn more at https://www.keenfootwear.com/our-purpose.html
KEEN is an equal opportunity employer, who values an inclusive and diverse community. Qualified candidates of all backgrounds are encouraged to apply and will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status or disability.