The Retail Merch Coordinator assists the Divisional merchandise manager and the merchant team with the execution of sales reporting, product set up and promotional plans to maximize sales and profitability. The ideal candidate will assume personal responsibility for understanding the buying function and actively participating in the process where appropriate.
- Responsible for entering style and sku level markdowns, as directed by the merchandise manager, and communicating those price changes to the store teams.
- Responsible for assigning hierarchy and style set up for each season’s assortment.
- Enter all seasonal purchase orders and work with account services to validate each order for accuracy.
- Assist merchandise managers with preparing seasonal product presentations.
- Responsible for inbound and outbound sample ordering and management each season.
- Create seasonal assortment spreadsheets and assist the Visual Merchandise Manager with the creation and editing of a custom catalog tool for each store.
- Recap end of season sales performance at necessary detail levels.
- Maintain positive open lines of communication with all Columbia Sportswear store management, staff and other departments in order to contribute to the smooth flow of information and efficient operation of the organization.
- Partner with planning and account services to identify late or dropped styles, and communicate those updates to the Merchandise Manager and Inventory Analyst.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Possess interest in merchandising, buying, product allocation, and retail sales analysis. Previous retail experience a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree or related experience and in lieu of completed degree.
- Proficient in Excel and in manipulating data with advanced formulas and functions.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail required.
- Ability to operate independently and follow general guidelines.
- Physical ability to use telephone, computer hardware/software including keyboard, type, sit and stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to read, write, and speak English.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
This job description is not meant to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities, but constitutes a general definition of the position's scope and function in the company.
EEO/AA Employer/Vets/Disabled/Race/Ethnicity/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Age