Under Armour is the chosen brand of this generation of athletes... and the athletes of tomorrow. We're about performance - in training and on game day, in blistering heat and bitter cold. Whatever the conditions, whatever the sport, Under Armour delivers the advantage athletes have come to demand.
That demand has created an environment of growth. An environment where building a great team is vital. An environment where doing whatever it takes is the baseline and going above and beyond to protect the Brand is commonplace.
The world's hungriest athletes live by a code, a pledge to themselves and everyone else: Protect This House... I Will. Our goal is to Build A Great Team! Will YOU…Protect This House?!
The Captain, Ecommerce Customer Service is responsible for leading, coaching and developing the customer service team in all communication channels, including: phone, chat, email, and social media. You will be accountable for the entire experience of both the Customer and the Customer Service Representative. This role requires schedule flexibility for both evenings and weekends. This is an opportunity to be part of a great success story, as Under Armour continues to impact the business like no other company has.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Own the complete CSR life cycle through the following:
- Participate in interviewing, selection, hiring, and training of employees.
- Use quality monitoring data to track performance at both the team and individual levels.
- Lead biweekly scorecard sessions for development and coaching.
- Appraise performance; reward and discipline teammates.
- Cultivate an environment of Customer Engagement that strives to create an “unrivaled service experience” across all communication channels.
- Drive revenue via all communication channels by implementing “Sales through Service” model with an emphasis on maximizing up-sell and cross-sell opportunities.
- Compile and analyze “Voice of the Customer” data that can be delivered back to the appropriate division of the business.
- Resolve escalated customer issues pertaining to product, process or service deficiencies.
- Collaborate with management team to design and support events and contests which build a positive team morale.
- Develop recommendations to improve the customer service experience based on data, experience and industry trends.
- Coordinate with peers to implement identified best practices and develop a communication strategy for delivery of time-sensitive information needed for all teammates to stay informed.
- Identify product and process training needs, communicate with eCommerce Training Manager, and assist with coordinating training efforts.
- Monitor ADP, PTO requests and Performance by completing the following:
- Review and approve PTO requests within 96 hours of submission.
- Track attendance and coach as needed.
- Meet all performance management deliverables on time.
- Inspire teammates to be accountable to each other and the business.
- Address teammate concerns and resolve problems.
- Represent the Brand with the utmost integrity while delivering unrivaled customer service.
- Administers written policies and procedures for departmental operations, including Human Resource paperwork.
Customer Service Representatives
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Analytical - Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data; Designs work flows and procedures.
Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
Interpersonal Skills - Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
Leadership - Exhibits confidence in self and others; Inspires and motivates others to perform well; effectively influences actions and opinions of others; Accepts feedback from others; Gives appropriate recognition to others.
Managing People - Includes staff in planning, decision-making, facilitating and process improvement; Takes responsibility for subordinates' activities; Makes self available to staff; Provides regular performance feedback; Develops subordinates' skills and encourages growth; Solicits and applies customer feedback (internal and external); Fosters quality focus in others; Improves processes, products and services.; Continually works to improve supervisory skills.
Quality Management - Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
Ethics - Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; Supports organization's goals and values; Benefits organization through outside activities; Supports affirmative action and respects diversity.
Strategic Thinking - Develops strategies to achieve organizational goals; Understands organization's strengths & weaknesses; Analyzes market and competition; Identifies external threats and opportunities; Adapts strategy to changing conditions.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Proven leadership abilities including: experience with training and/or coaching, delivering feedback, goal setting, and performance evaluation.
- Exceptional oral, written and interpersonal communication skills including the ability to summarize and present information so as to influence various levels within the organization.
- Ability to excel in a fast paced team environment, adapt to shifting urgencies, manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines.
- Ability to evaluate processes and recommend changes which result in a greater opportunity for goal achievement, enhanced usage or increased efficiency.
- Intermediate level of proficiency with PC software.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor's degree
- At least 2 years of customer service experience
- Prefer at least 1 year of people management experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Programs ,
Under Armour is an equal employment opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals without regard to the following legally protected characteristics: race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military/veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state or federal law. We assure you that your opportunity for employment with Under Armour depends solely on your qualifications.